Friday, May 8, 2009

our trip to VA Beach

"Like Panama City Beach without the rednecks and trashy bars" or something like that is how my husband describes one of our favorite beach locations. Richmonders would have no idea what PCB is like, since nobody here travels to the gulf coast. It's all about OBX and Myrtle Beach for our neighbors. But we really love VA Beach, too. It has a great board walk and lots of fun places to eat. People who know me well, know that I have a love for little beach bars that serve decent food and great drinks while you sit on a patio overlooking the ocean. AHHHHHH! And this past trip was proof that we can: vacation with out grandparents(though having them there is a huge plus!), stay in one tiny room, get sick, have horrible weather, AND STILL have a great time with our boys!

And here are the pictures as proof:








6 comments:

nana said...

We would have come.....
So glad you had fun after the first night....great pics.

Hillary said...

We need to qualify your statement about Richmonders not knowing about PCB. I stayed at Edgewater Beach Resort and have spent many an allowance at Alvin's Island for at least one week every summer from age 10 to age 19!!

But I guess I'm not really a Richmonder either. So I'll give it to you!

Mrs. Gaskill Rascal said...

You were near my waffle house that I worked at! Well, then you can probably support my statements....but knowing that we love PCB all the same! Even with the crazyness!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the running picture. Saying that you love little beach bars reminded me of the blue parrot(?) on st george and us parasailing and getting henna tatoos by george the henna guy :).
Michelle

Anonymous said...

PopPop & Mimi love Va Beach too! Spent lots of time there when your Mom and Aunt L were growing up. Cute pictures and we love reading all you write about. Hugs, P&M

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE, WE LOVE YOU, P&M