Saturday, January 12, 2008

...new beginnings

Well, I am entering the world of blogging. Actually, this is a fitting activity for me to fill my time(as if we aren't busy enough). As I think through my typical story telling it usually consists of too many details(according to my husband) and blogging seems to be a perfect outlet for my desire to give the "whole story"
....To whomever will read it.
So, as our family begins a new chapter in Virginia, I will start a new chapter online. We are leaving the comforts of familiar landscapes, roads we know how to navigate, and very close babysitters for a new place where we know practically nobody. But I am encouraged as I have already seen us grow as a family. Most of all, new unknowns leave us grasping for stability and that desire has been fullfilled in a strengthened faith in God's perfect plan for our lives. When I realized that I was going somewhere that I couldn't fall back into my rut of complacency, I had to look to Christ to be my comfort and my stronghold.
We had become too lazy in Atlanta. I don't mean to sound unappreciative of the wonderful things ATL has to offer. It is a fabulous city and we have loved making it home for the past 5 years as a couple. For Scott, it has been home since he saw the world for the first time at Peidmont Hospital. I have lived in Atlanta since I was in the fourth grade(other than my time in B'ham for college), so it is also home to me. Our family is there. And that makes it a place I will always hold dear to my heart. Our church home has been a place of growth and we have developed some wonderful lasting friendships in Georgia. But there comes a time in every couple's life where they must make some choices that are best for their family. Hard choices, but as we have been advised by many couples we admire.....choices that turn out to be the best thing they ever did. So all that said, Virginia....here we come!

1 comment:

MLS said...

I can't wait to follow along with your journey!

Love to The Gaskills!
Lauren