Friday, February 22, 2008

Admendment to yesterday's blog

So, I was thinking this morning as I got ready to go out and run errands that I wasn't completely honest about our situation here in Richmond. I said that we don't have any "real" friends and that is not completely true. It is true that I don't really know anybody at our church yet(but the women's retreat this weekend should change that) and that we haven't really found a group of "friends" that we socialize with on a regular basis....but we do have some wonderful new friends. We have a couple at Scott's work that have a little girl around Danny's age that have already had us over for dinner twice(we can't wait to welcome them over to our home!) We are already brainstorming some fun summer activities to do together since she is a teacher and will have the summer off. Scott has great work friends that help make his day enjoyable. And I have felt a kindred connection to a few neighbors who are already helping me plan a backyard bible club for our community. It is nice to be able to speak the same language(and celebrate the same beliefs about God in many cases) as the people who live around you.....that was a disadvantage to our previous home. Not that our old home didn't produce many ministry opportunities, but my Romanian, Bosnian, Spanish, and Pakistani language skills are lacking to say the least.....English is about it for me, unfortunately. So, all that to say, God has blessed us in so many ways and I am going to be thankful despite circumstances.

1 comment:

MLS said...

Anne...

You are such a gift. You will have friends in no time. I can't wait to hear how the Lord shows His faithfulness to you through the relationships you will acquire during your time in VA.

Love you, friend.
Lauren