Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Waffles and Syrup

I need to start my entry with a little information I feel is important. As I am finding out that more people read this than I thought(except you never leave comments...boo!) and that people may not be familiar with the world of blogging yet, I want to reassure you that I do try my best to be a good mommy. I really don't sit at the computer all day. In fact, it is so easy to blog that I am surprised at how many people are impressed with it. I just feel I need to make sure you know that I do play with my child, fix dinner, keep my house moderately clean, and all the other duties of being a stay-at-home mom(plus unpacking a house!). In fact, I am writing this entry after an hour long romp in the yard with Danny and Pollack and Danny is happily eating his snack. I think Pollack might be enjoying the "etzel" snack as well, since I just heard a pretzel drop, Pollack munching, and Danny giggling.
Now for the story. Some of you know I went on a women's retreat this weekend with our new church and had a fabulous time making new friends. It was my special treat after doing the single mom thing in Atlanta for two months and gave Danny and Daddy some much needed bonding time. They had a great weekend and even though Danny was excited to see his mommy Sunday afternoon, he wasn't ready to give up the full time attention from Daddy. In fact, he has started equally calling our names in the morning from his crib, which is really nice when I can legitimately lean over and tell Scott "He is calling for you, so I guess you have to get him!"

But like I said, they had a great weekend, except for one little mishap. We have these crazy locks on our doors that feel unlocked when you turn them from the inside, but are really locked on the outside. I have locked my self out a few times, but decided to hide a key. Sunday morning the key was not in it's place since we had let our babysitter use it and Scott had not had a chance to re-hide it. Just after putting Danny in his highchair with a plate of waffles and syrup, Scott headed out our laundry room door that goes into the garage to let Pollack in through the side garage door. As he closed the door, he knew he had made a mistake. Thirty minutes later, Scott was able to reenter our house with the help of a kind neighbor, his crowbar, and one very broken door. Fortunately we don't close our blinds in front of the breakfast table, so Scott was able to periodically check on Danny in his chair. Danny just waved at his Daddy and proceeded to make a sticky messy.
I am including a photo of the door after it's date with a crowbar and one anxious daddy.
So, as you can guess, we just bought a new door and new locks for the entire house. No boys weekend is completely without at least one chance to use a crow bar, tear down a door, and make a mess at a meal. And don't worry...there will be many more boys weekends! Scott and Danny had a blast together despite their crazy morning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So, were the waffles good, Danny??????