Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long time no see...

It has been a long time since I last wrote on our blog. I have been so busy with lots of fun things. We had our first"dinner" party at our new house. I couldn't think of what else to call it, but it was so fun having our friends and their daughter over for dinner and dessert. It was a special dessert for Scott, since it involved his new torch and creme brulee. Yummy....and it is always fun to play with fire at the dinner table. Then, we had our first overnight guests with my parents in town for a few days. We put them to work....of course we had time to celebrate my dad's birthday and a trip to Maymont park....but most of the week was spent doing "odd" jobs. This is a family tradition. I remember my grandpa coming for a visit and many hours being spent doing projects that my dad had on his to do list. So, we happily carry this tradition on....great for us, since they ended up checking many things off our weekend list. And good for them to get to see our new house and know it well. In a few weeks, they will have to know their way around our house when they come to take care of Danny when baby #2 decides to come into world. We would love to have more guests....this house is a good house for having people stay over. So, friends and family, make plans to visit!
I had lots more to say and pictures to share, but the fact that we are stealing wireless means that our computer is horrendously slow....so no pics today(they were good ones of Danny too!) But more to come later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah...you are blogging again....You do have a great house and have already made it into a warm home....

The Gaymons said...

I'm impressed that you have already had people over for dinner...not shocked, but still impressed! Way to go, Anne! Be sure to let us know when baby boy #2 is about to make his grand entrance. We can't wait!