Wednesday, August 27, 2008

my little sports fan

so, I was sitting in line at Walmart with Danny the other day and he blew my socks off. I always head over to the center lines(quieter, more competent and friendly cashiers, consistently problem free unlike the self scanners) and enjoy a quiet moment of chatting with Danny while we wait the few extra minutes. I often ask him about the magazines and read them with him, but today I wasn't even looking at them. All of a sudden, Danny starts to get agitated at the fact that he has told me something multiple times and it isn't registering. I can usually understand his two year old talk, but it helps to have the context. Then I saw it. A tiny, itty bitty picture of Michael Phelps on the corner of the cover of People magazine(check it out next time you are shopping...it is tiny!). Danny was saying "Michael...Phelps...water" I mean, of course the constant Olympics watching that happened in our house over the past week may have helped, but c'mon...that's pretty smart. He continued to tell me about the "helmet" that Michael wears, the pool that he swims in, and the goggles that he wears over his eyes. He loves sports....and we can add swimming to the list(mommy likes that too!)
I tried to find the exact picture of Michael that is on the cover, but decided that you might rather see more of our cutie pie!

Not quite ready for the 400IM, but loves the pool!


I love this picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course he is smart....just look at his genes!