Friday, January 16, 2009

ahhhhhh...sleep.

I figured after I sent out a prayer request for sleep at the Gaskill home, I better update you. Yes, we did get sleep! The first night of boot camp was about 5 hours of crying....uggghhh. The second night was about 1 1/2 hours of crying....better, but not good. But our third night was great. I woke up at 6am and realized that he was crying for the first time. Praise the Lord!!!
I do believe God made babies so cute so that it would make up for the lack of sleep and trouble that they cause. And they are trouble. With a capital T. But we love them!

Danny has been saying so many cute things lately. I really should write them down when he says them. It always seems like I sit down to update the blog and I draw a blank trying to remember what ever it was that had me rolling with laughter. I think my favorite moments lately have been watching him play with his little people toys. He has conversations and the little people interact. It is hilarious. Eddie and Max and the crew have a whole world of their own that Danny has created. What an imagination!
I also caught a cute moment today that made me smile. We were at a gas station with Jada and Michelle and Michelle had gone into the store. I peeked in the window and saw Danny holding Jada's hand and talking sweetly to her. He has been so excited about their visit. While we were at the gate, he got so excited about them walking up the hallway. I asked him if he would run to them when we saw them and he said he was going to give them a kiss. What a sweetheart!!

5 comments:

Jenn Knierim said...

I'm glad you are getting sleep. I am dreaming of the day I can sleep through the night again! :) I have to admit that I was the same type of parent with Isabel. It took me until she was 8 months to let her cry and then the sleep was so worth it!

The Gaymons said...

So glad that you are getting some sleep!

Maggie plays with her little people as well, and she is in love with her little people doll house. I guess if the house ever needs any repairs, she'll give Danny's people a call. =)

Mrs. Gaskill Rascal said...

Can we fix it? YES WE CAN. At least that's what Bob says. Danny also has a tool set, so if you have any bigger repairs, let us know. He has "fixed" lots of things in our house lately!

Anonymous said...

We are ready to take Bob on another adventure. We know Danny can fix it! YES HE CAN! "Of course" and soon Josh will be his helper.....

Anonymous said...

I don't know why all you parents don't have your baby sleeping for 12 hours straight at night by 8 weeks old =] lol

And Danny has been really sweet with Jada. We will miss all of you when we have to go home.

M