Monday, January 12, 2009

Go to sleep already...

well, the new year has begun and it is with great sadness that I am updating the blog. Of course, I have things to share and pictures to post, but I am not ready to move Scott's blog down one slot. I think he did an amazing job recapping our past year and I enjoyed sharing our adventures. I was exhausted when I finished reading it though, because it brought back full force all the memories of 2008.
Really? I mean, who tries to change jobs, travel lots, have a baby, move into a new city, and lead a busy life with a toddler all in one year? I guess we do. I am excited to start 2009. We have lots of trips planned and events coming up, including: a ski weekend for Scott and I, a trip to Boston with ADPis, a Virginia beach weekend with the boys for Joshie's first birthday, Scott and Anne's last year being in their twenties(yikes!), and many other fun events.

---
I have to make a confession.
Many times in the past I have looked unapprovingly upon moms and dads that gave into their babies nighttime requests. I would say to them to be tough. Don't let that baby be in control.
but...I must apologize.
I have become one of those parents.
ok....you can tell me I'm wrong. You can tell me that letting a baby snuggle and eat every time they whimper in the middle of the night is the easy fix. And you would be right. But try telling that to me when it is chilly out, the bed is soooo snugly, and my sweet little 8 month old is reaching out for me. Of course, I make excuses. "We don't want to wake up the two year old." "He does have a little cold." "He is cute and won't want to snuggle me forever(like it happened with his brother)!"
But the truth is I have created a little snugly monster.
I am a wimp.
But nobody is perfect.

oh, and Danny has figured out how to open door knobs. We learned that last night when pitter-patter feet came to the top of the steps and waited to get a reaction. Fortunately, just a loud "Danny" hollered up the steps fixed the problem, as the pitter-patter feet ran back into their room and jumped quickly in the bed.
And I guess locking doors goes hand and hand with this new skill, as our oldest proceeded to lock his daddy out in the back yard this weekend. Don't worry. Mommy was home or we could have had a repeat to this early blog post. yikes!

2 comments:

MLS said...

I LOVE the line "I have created a little snuggly monster"
Hilarious!

Can't wait to see you!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

If you just ask Danny if he can get himself back in bed, I am sure his answer would be "Of course!"....he will soon teach that to Josh.......hang in there.