Friday, February 13, 2009

I promise I don't feed my kid hotdogs and ice cream all the time

.....just sometimes. When we visit Sams. ok, so maybe we do go to Sams once a week, but I promise every other day he is a very healthy eater. We actually worry sometimes that he eats too many fruit/veggies and not enough bread. Good problem to have with a two year old.
so, back Sams. This morning Danny was making a pretend meal in one of my pots. Usually he asks me if I want ice cream(of course I do!) and then proceeds to stir some blocks in the pot. Today he called across the room and asked me if I wanted....
...a hot dog combo. haha!
I really think this is funny since I don't ever call it a hot dog combo to him. I just ask him if he wants a hot dog or pizza to eat, to which he usually responds "I want ice cream". Ahhh, a boy after his mommy's heart. Apparently he is always listening, even when I order the food.
I do think it is funny how kids repeat the things they hear. Like how Danny always says "of course" when we ask him to do something. Or how he calls out "Anne" or "Scott" when he needs one of us. He is just repeating what he hears us say. We remind him that he calls us Mommy and Daddy, not our first names. But what I want to know is how little boys know that certain things are funny to say, despite being inappropriate. Like poot. That one cracks us up. And butt. We really have to work on using other words to describe some body parts. Is this a boy thing or just a kid thing? I guess it is just one of the joys of childhood that I have to look forward to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like an "ice cream combo, please".

Anonymous said...

I have evidence that Danny and Josh eat donuts also!