Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Celebrity sighting in Walmart!!!

OK, so not quite a celebrity.
Kids say the funniest things.
Here is the scene....
We are strolling down the rice and pasta aisle looking for some starches for our next meals. I have Danny "yelling" his way through Walmart on the extra large blue double seater cart(moms, you know the one I am talking about). The cart is really long due to the additional plastic section of seating and not the easiest thing to push. Josh is on my hip, due to the fact that this special cart has blocked off the child seat to make room for the extra seats. I would have gotten a normal cart after discovering this fact if Danny wasn't so happy after we found it. Sometimes a little pain is worth it for a happy kid. As I struggle to push the cart, Danny yells out "Look mommy, it's Nobama" I scan the lane looking for a black man that I will have to apologize to, since now it seems that my child thinks all black men are named Obama(or nobama). Then I noticed what he saw....
Uncle Ben.
Yes, the rice guy.
Apparently the President is not only on every magazine and newspaper cover, but he is also on our rice box.

Danny cracks me up.
And suddenly, my load seems lighter. Smiling can do that to you!

4 comments:

MommyofBoys said...

That is stinkin' hilarious! I do see a few similarities!

The Gaymons said...

That is about the funniest story ever!

Anonymous said...

I am still laughing.....

Anonymous said...

Danny is such a hoot!