Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Time flies when you are having fun?

I am so sorry. I have been a horrible blogger lately.

The boys have been sick. That means LOTS of hugging and holding snugly babies. It seems like we will start feeling better, but it takes a while to get past the bad habits we develop during sick times. Like the excessive hugging and snuggling. Of course, snuggling isn't bad, but it can't go on all day. At some point I have to shower and put on real clothes and do house work(or blog). Also, we have had some busy days with the cable guy here and playgroup and bible study and laundry. I know, I know, you are jealous of my exciting day, so I better stop bragging.

I think I also haven't been blogging lately, because I feel a little frazzled. This past few weeks has been a hard time to be a parent and I feel like I haven't been very joyful about my daily events. Normally I have so many funny things to share and photos to upload, but the past few weeks have been about surviving.
Maybe it is the weather...cold and gloomy.
Maybe it is the lack of fresh air and exercise due to the weather.
Maybe it is the fact that we have had so many sick days and it is hard to recover from that.
Maybe it is the new stage that Danny has entered...why? why? why? That's what I hear all day long. What a blessing it is to have a child who is curious and creative and full of wonder. But sometimes I just don't feel very patient and willing to answer the whys. I know this is a normal thing to feel as a parent, but I feel guilty. I want to be a patient and kind parent.
I really do have the sweetest, most wonderful kids in the world. I love them dearly and I love our family. I have a wonderful husband. Scott is my best friend and he is an amazing daddy. Every year is better than the last. BUT....
How is it possible that I can be experiencing the best time of my life and the hardest all at the same time?

hmmmm.

Did I mentioned that I have the cutest kids ever? I can't remember if I posted these photos already. man, I AM frazzled.









I took a few photos of the snow this week and will write about it soon. We had at least 9 inches and it is still on the ground! Pollack loves it!

2 comments:

The Gaymons said...

Hang in there, Anne! In just a day, we will be in Boston! I think we should spend the majority of our time just regrouping and refreshing ourselves...thank the Lord for time with girlfriends. Can't wait!

By the way, your kids are adorable! I would say tied for cutest ever. =)

Anonymous said...

Definitely the CUTEST kids EVER!