Monday, March 23, 2009

once again, he amazes us!

I think I could just turn this blog into daily stories about Danny. Everyday he says hilarious things and proves to us how smart he is...I know, I know...here I go again talking about how smart my little boy is. But it's true.

We have been having some trouble occasionally getting Danny to eat certain things I fix. For some reason he won't eat Chinese stir fry. I think he got the same Gaskill gene that Aunt Michelle has where he doesn't like his food to touch. Chicken pot pie, stir fry, most casseroles are not usually gobbled up like other meals. too much mixing!
So, we were having stir fry. Here is how it went:
Daddy: Danny, you need to eat your food.
Danny: Why?
Daddy: Because there are people in Africa that are hungry and don't have any food(yes, we know that is such a cliche, but it was a last resort)
Mommy: Yeah, Danny, people are hungry with out food and they are sad. You need to eat your food.
Danny: Hungry like the boy and the fish?
Daddy: What's that Danny?
Danny: You know the fish and the people and the bread. They were hungry and the boy gave his fish. They were sad with no food. Jesus made fish and bread for the people.
Mommy: (speechless) uh yeah
Daddy: (also speechless) Danny, you are so smart.

AND this morning Danny did the cutest thing. I was hoping out of the shower and Scott was getting dressed when Danny woke up. He came wondering in and was chatting about our plans to have Caroline play with us for the day. He looked up at Scott and said "You are the best Daddy, Daddy!" My heart melted!

Got to go and figure out why there is lots of giggling coming from Danny's room!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danny is truly living Colossians 3:16. Thank you Anne and Scott. You are GREAT!

Hillary said...

I think that giggling was Caroline! Sorry!

Anonymous said...

OK world- I am a food freak! I have food touhing issues for sure. There are certain foods that should not mix together but just for the record, I do eat stir fry (actually one of my favs) AND chicken pot pie! Give the boys kisses from me and Jada! Love, michelle

Anonymous said...

He is so smart and makes such connections! Reread your first sentence.... I would love it if you told a Danny/and or Josh story EVERY DAY. I love your blogs and stories. Love Grandmommy