Monday, April 20, 2009

nicknames

We are fascinated with names lately. When people ask Danny his name, he replies "DanielRobertGaskill" People are usually surprised. I guess they don't expect so many words to come out of this little boy. And they think he is at least four years old with his vast vocabulary...yes. He does talk alot. (I answer that question multiple times a week!)
Today he has started calling me Momma. cute. And definitely lifting my spirits on an otherwise gloomy day. It is pouring rain(yeah for the grass and new blueberry bush!) and we just got back from a visit to the doctor. Poor Joshie has an ear infection that has kept him and his parents up most of the night. My family will agree that mommy is one of those people that function much better on at least 7 hours of sleep. Translation: No sleep = grouchy mommy. And on top of all that we are missing our favorite activity of the week: Playgroup! Sad. So to hear a little boy call out momma and want to snuggle just warms a heart. Sometimes I'm Mommy. Sometimes I'm Mom. Sometimes I'm Anne(we have to quickly correct that one!) He is also interested in stranger's names. He keeps asking them their name until they tell their full name. Danny is not shy.
Now, as promised, some photos from our trip to Maryland. We had fun at the Boyd Bear Factory, shopping, playing, going to Nana and Max's church, hiding and finding sports eggs, coloring eggs, baking cookies, hunting eggs at the Giant, etc. Scott and I even went on a "day-long" date to D.C. It is always nice visiting Nana and Max!









2 comments:

nana said...

What about the nickname DannyBobby Gassy-valet? Danny always laughs at that one!

Mrs. Gaskill Rascal said...

yeah, but we do try to keep this a G-rated site. haha! I do have lots of other nicknames I use: bugs, booger-boys, boogs, buglet, d-man, joshie-washie, sweetie pie, what ever else happens to fall out of my mouth as I lovingly call to them!