Thursday, June 12, 2008

I see London, I see France....I see Danny's big boy pants

FYI: If you are anti-potty talk, then I would recommend that you stop reading right now. Nothing bad, it just seems like bathroom talk is very frequent at the Gaskills' house as Danny has shown an increased interest in what goes on in the bathroom.
So, this development led us to begin introducing potty training to him and it is has been interesting. We are trying out the big boy underwear while we play outside and then pull ups while we play inside(for obvious reasons!) Yesterday was our first run and I guess you could say it was successful. Danny played all afternoon and then came running to me REALLY upset when he had gone tinkle all over his clothes(they say a few days of this and they will want ask to go the potty(who is they, you ask?...I guess the potty experts) I think the only reason he will even think about sitting on the potty(despite his interest in what occurs in it) is the fact that I give him M&Ms when he attempts it. What we will do for chocolate.....
So, this morning was a folding clothes morning for mommy, so we had to stay inside to play. I put on Danny's pull up and clothes and then went about my folding. Danny found his recently opened bag of big boy underwear and brought me a pair. We thought it would be funny to wear our underwear on our head. I figured if he is interested in wearing it, does it matter on what part of the body? I guess this could cause some confusion later, but for the time being we laughed about it. And we took a picture!

Even funnier is the fact that Danny saw this blog as I was uploading it and ran and got the underwear again. "Mommy..head...wear" What a silly boy!

1 comment:

The Gaymons said...

Very stylish, I must say! Way to go, Danny! What a big boy!