Thursday, June 19, 2008

What I have dreamed of....

I have always wanted to live in a house with a front porch and rockers. I think it has such a quaint and homey feel to it....I think about sitting on my porch and rocking while saying hello to neighbors and enjoying nature. When choosing our house, price was our main guide, so I couldn't specifically look for a porch. But you can imagine that I was thrilled that the house we bought has one. Our birthday gift this year from my parents was a set of rockers. I know that it is wrong to overly focus on material things...my point being that we can't let our happiness come from stuff. But I have to say that I LOVE OUR ROCKERS. Everytime I pass the front windows, I catch a glimpse of a rocker and I smile. I spent the morning yesterday with Danny working in the front yard. I kept going out away from the house and looking back just so I could take in the big picture. It is exactly as I had imagined. And made even better with the red door(I love those too) and dark shutters on a white house. Now I need to find two little rockers for the boys....any suggestions of where I could find two small rockers?(keep in mind that I am fairly cheap and won't spend too much money on them) I am willing to buy any color and then paint them, but white would be nice.
Here is Danny enjoying our gift...


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy you like the rockers....

The Fokens Family said...

Ahh...it's like being on a retreat..how relaxing! Enjoy rocking new baby Joshua in those chairs!!
Erica

Lauren said...

comer and i are envying your house........we may have to make a reservation and actually see it in person!!