Saturday, July 12, 2008

Can you tell me how to get...how to get to....

Sesame Street?!?! We met a celebrity today. The one and only Cookie Monster came to the Children's Museum today and we decided to go check it out. Sesame characters are dear to our heart. Our favorite is probably Elmo, but he is followed closely by Cookie. Well, Danny was not a fan of the monster in person. I guess there is a big difference between a monster on TV and one in person.
We do enjoy that show, though! While most people are talking about who was the Bachlorette's choice and who is going to win So You Think You Can Dance, I will be talking about the hilarious sketch I saw on SS. For instance they were cracking me up last week when they did a spoof on Deal or No Deal. Those writers are really good. It was a Meal or No Meal game show with Cookie playing the part of the "Baker". Yeah, it was funny.
Here are the Gaskills with Cookie.

Danny is crying at this point! Poor guy!
---
And we have another sign that our kids mean a lot to us....or maybe just that we like free food. Friday was Cow Appreciation Day and if you dressed up as a cow, you could get free food at Chick-ful-A. Joshua and I were full cows. My costume had a blowing up mechanism that when in use it makes me pretty wide and hard to miss. Sadly we have no pictures(convenient!) Danny and Scott wore white shirts and black spots to be half cows. We actually hit up two stores...one for free dinner and one for free dessert. Then we enjoyed the outdoor(free!) concert at Short Pump Mall. Danny was the entertainment for all the people seated around us. Cost for the night...what ever amount of gas it takes to drive 1 1/2 mile from our house and back. Pretty nice...and part of what we love about our new town!

Danny's new chair! Thanks Nana and Max!

Dancing to the music!

1 comment:

The Gaymons said...

I am SO disappointed that I don't get to see you and Joshua dressed up as cows. I bet that you both were really cute. I did chuckle a little bit when I invisioned you all blown up, Anne! Oh, the memories you are making!