Thursday, July 24, 2008

tough week

It's true. It has been a tough week. I can't believe it is already Thursday. Scott is sick and missing work. Danny has been sick since last Friday and is still being very moody. Josh has a fever and is of course acting as sweet as can be(he is good even when he is sick!) And Pollack has a sore paw. All my boys are feeling yucky. Let's hope mommy stays well. This sore throat and nagging cough I have is not a good sign.
But as we sit here in the office...Danny is hopping around me and Josh is sitting in my lap....we are encouraged by some worship music we found. I had forgotten that I had downloaded songs from the kids worship at Grace last year. What a blessing to sit and listen to kids sing praises to God and think about doing the hand motions as we worshiped together. There is nothing sweeter than a child who loves Jesus and who is confident in God's love for him. Music has a way of encouraging your soul and that seems to radiate into the physical aspect too.
Part of me knows we are just recovering from our very busy week last week. We had a Backyard Bible Club at our house and were able to share the gospel with our neighbors. Most of the 15+ kids that attended were church going kids, but with the new relationships we built, we are excited about making this an annual thing. One mom said to us..."Lets do this again next year and invite our non christian friends." YES! They got it! So many fun things are going to come out of this week. And we feel so blessed that Grace Fellowship in Snellville GA has a vision to reach the next generation. They gave us all the crafts, lessons, game ideas, props, and even a parachute. And best of all, they sent us sweet Ashleigh to spend the week with us. She was a tremendous help....Danny loves her and thought she was his personal buddy. I could send them outside every morning and trust that Danny was in good hands while I prepared for the club.
(update: I now have two little boys in my lap as I type. This is comfy!)
Here are some recent pics.

Ashleigh is trying to get Danny to smile!

Joshua is always happy in a lap.

Look how strong he is....and very serious as he lifts himself up!

I will try to be better about posting. We should have lots to share in august with birthdays and traveling!

3 comments:

MLS said...

So sorry you guys have been sick!! Hope you keep on keeping on, Anne!!
I love the pictures of your boys!!!

Love,
Lauren

Lauren said...

stay well and take care of your men!!!

The Gaymons said...

Sorry to hear that you all are under the weather, but glad that your spirits are lifted! That is amazing that you had a Backyard Bible Club! You are one ambitious mommy! Love, Ash