Friday, July 4, 2008

Ready to go!

Happy 4th of July! What a blessing to live in the United States of America...we are blessed with freedoms and opportunities that most countries in the world do not have. Traveling overseas has taught me to be thankful everyday for our great nation. I hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and friends!
---
Anyone who has traveled anywhere with two children knows how hard it often is to just get out the door. Depending on where you are headed, it can take even longer than ever expected to get ready, load up, and go. A trip to the pool is one of those trips that takes a really long time to get ready for. There are swimmy diapers, bathing suits, sunscreen, hats, towels, juice, and snack....and then I have to get myself dressed in my suit and cover up. Of course, after you put on the swimmy diaper, you have to quickly get to the pool...or wait to put it on until you get there. But of course it is soooo fun that all the trouble is worth it.
All that explanation was needed to convey my disappointment when I got everyone ready to go to the pool with my parents and then drove up to the pool on a swim meet night. Fortunately, we live VERY close to Short Pump and the Walmart. One plastic pool, the backyard, and a hose.....not quite the same, but still fun! And I will definitely be putting it to use this summer.


Golf in the pool!


All smiles...we like our new pool!


At least we got wet!


Even Joshua enjoys outside time!

No comments: