Friday, July 17, 2009

Brother Love

I know my boys love each other. They share the same genes, which means that they will protect and have concern for each other no matter what. And I say that knowing "love" doesn't always mean "like". But fortunately, I think they are entering the phase where the genuinely like each other. And I have some proof.

Danny is currently smoothering his brother in a wrestling hold on the couch yelling "I got you". That's love right?

Now Danny is helping his brother climb over the back of the couch. I see some injury in our future. He really is there for him!

After bath time together they like to do "brother love" which consists of lots of naked hugging and running around together. I know, I need to get photos of it. Good blackmail later.

They are already in a band together that frequently performs on the stage in our living room. Danny plays guitar, Josh is the lead singer or plays the drums. They are really good. Maybe they have a future together?

When one is not in the room, the other wants to know where he is playing and what he is doing. It never fails that Joshie's first words up from a nap are "Da?" which means "Where is that crazy big brother Danny?"

Danny has a little shadow in his brother Joshie. Everything he does is copied by the baby. And he takes the opportunity to do lots of things that he knows are not on the approved list of activities in the Gaskill house. How many times am I going to have to get up from this computer to tell Josh that "no you can NOT climb over the top of our 3-4 foot high couch and Danny stop trying to take him up there"?

I hope that my boys stay close. As an only child, I am learning that a little fighting between siblings is ok and also healthy, but I love the happy moments. It is true that brothers are protective of each other. And though they might not always like each other, they will always love each other.

Oh, and Danny decided the other day that he need a little sister. oh golly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To Anne:Not the first time Danny has said she wants a sister...she said it last time he was hanging out with Jada! Hehehe.
To Scott:still waiting for monday musings on friday :)

Love, michelle

nana said...

God has blessed you thus far with two adorable boys. Watching them grow will only get better as they play and interact with one another even more.
I agree with Michelle....my week just wasn't the same without the Monday musings...we have expectations now, Scott.