Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Pastor Dan

Our big boy has a wonderful imagination and is always entertaining us. One favorite activity is when he gets up on the "stage", otherwise known as the 2ft by 6ft space of brick in front of our fireplace, and pretends to be a worship pastor. He gets his guitar, hands Josh an instrument and sings us songs about "Jesus died on the cross, now He is alive" and other sentences he puts to a worshipful tune. Often he does this when I am busy doing something else and he is tired from trying to get my attention. I will look up from whatever had my attention and catch him singing these songs and leading his congregation(little people?) in worship.
But today was even better...
Not sure what I was busy working on. Maybe reading blogs. Or emails. But I look up from whatever I was doing and catch him pacing the bricks and wringing his hands like he is trying to convey an important message. He then turns to his audience(Joshie?) and says "WE NEED TO TRUST GOD. GOD IS IN OUR FAMILY" He is sort of yelling and talking forcefully, but not angry. He adds in a few fist shakes for emphasis.
I tried not to laugh, but it was just too cute. The only pastor he has ever watched is at my parent's church where he sits in Max's lap. Normally we do nursery at Hope Church, but when we are in Maryland all rules are out the window. So, he has quietly snuggled and listened through a few Pastor Guy sermons at Mountain View Community Church. I asked him if he was Pastor Guy.
He first nods and says yes, but then quickly says "no mommy, I am Pastor Dan."
oh boy.

I really think Danny gets it. He has caught me off guard many times lately with answers for me that are beyond his age. He has told me many times that we can trust God when I was worried about something. And he has decided that God healed his mouth sores since we prayed for that and now they are gone.
Now I know what He was talking about when He said we need to have faith like a child....
"At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:1-4
I pray that his faith will grow strong and deep in truth.

1 comment:

nana said...

AWESOME! Way to go Pastor Dan! We can trust God!