Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm the fireman, that's my name

I really am going to try and write more often on here!

Danny always does funny things that I know I should write down before I forget them.

Danny loves listening to music. His latest favorite is the Countdown Kids children's favorites that plays on repeat in my car(yeah, I know you are sooo jealous!). The songs are all traditional children's songs and nursery rhymes put to music. I had to laugh yesterday when I looked out the window at something Pollack was doing and exclaimed "Ohhh" and immediately Danny pipes in with a singsongy "Dear...Matter Be" The song goes something like this "ohhhh deearrr, what can the matter be, johnny's so long at the fair" Also, I love it that he tries to sing along with me when I lead the children's music time at our weekly bible study. His hand motions to "My God is so Big, so Strong, and so Mighty" are a riot. He flexes his muscles tightly and yells out big, strong, and mighty.
I can't believe how big he is now. It was so weird to be writing information about him on his class form. The teacher wanted to know some of his favorite foods and favorite activities. The fact that he is now old enough to have an opinion about certain things made me a little emotional. He is a little boy now with lots of personality....so grown up!
In case you are curious, his favorite activities are sports(of course), trucks, and trains. Here are two pictures of Danny and Daddy "driving" around the house in Danny's fire truck looking for fires to put out.




"They call me the fireman. That's my name. Makin' my rounds all over town puttin' out old flames. Well everybody'd like to have what I've got. I can cool 'em down while they're smolderin' hot. I'm the fireman, thats my name." -george strait

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Comer will be so proud of your little firefighter man!!! too cute!