Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Three kids...not yet.

I mentioned in our last post that we took care of our friend's little girl this weekend. She is a sweetheart. Danny followed her around all weekend and is still talking about her. Her name is Caroline, but he says it like "Cawowine". Adorable!
Mommy and Daddy are exhausted though. She was an easy baby, but I think having three children in diapers is not ideal(my sympathies to Mere) Another tough thing was the fact that two children had to be carried whenever we went anywhere. No rest for the weary. After she left, we were amazed at how calm things seemed. But I have to say that if we have a third and are blessed with a girl, I hope she is as sweet as Caroline. I loved having a little girl to dress up! Not a good reason to have a baby. Maybe I need a baby doll for Christmas!

Here is a picture of Danny and Caroline sharing cheerios on the couch. I wish I had taken more photos!


Speaking of Christmas, I love this time of year. I love the fall and the cooler weather. I love sleeping under tons of blankets. I love the smell of firewood burning. I love the bright colors on the trees. I love the anticipation of advent. I love fresh evergreen decorations. I LOVE all the decorations for the holidays. I am itching to get the Christmas stuff down from the attic. I know, I know, we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet, but I can't wait. I guess that explains why all my fake ficus trees have lights on them. I love twinkly lights! Can you tell I am excited?
Now it's your turn. I have a request of all my readers....I am curious how many of you are out there. Please take a moment and make a comment(I have reset it so you do not need a blog account to comment!).
Please tell me about your favorite holiday tradition. We are looking to adopt some new traditions. Do you have a yearly event that makes the holiday time special for you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

being with our grandkids makes the holidays special...and being with our daughter and son-in-law too!:-)

Lauren said...

CT3's birthday is in December (the 10th) so last year we started a tradition of going and getting/decorating our tree on his birthday!!! this year we are already talking about his birthday celebration and getting our house adorned with christmas cheer! ...his family also always all gathers at a central location to make a "secret family recipe"...last year was my first year on the inside, so I will let you know more this year, post the holidays!

The Fokens Family said...

Hey Anne,
I love reading your posts! Our Christmas tradition is reading about the true story of Christmas from Luke each Christmas Eve to Miller.
We also like to watch a Charlie Brown Christmas!
~Erica

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne!
I'm glad Caroline was so good for you! We are so blessed to have such good friends that we knew we could trust with her and that would show her a good time! She sure loves Danny....
Hillary

Lauren said...

poll...go to "layout" then "add a gadget" then poll should be one of the basics :)

Anonymous said...

my very favorite day of the year has always been Thanksgiving Day. It's usually cool outside, but warm and toasty inside. Good food smells all day...the anticipation of seeing family. And how cool is it to take a whole day to remember to be thankful for all that we are and all that we are blessed to have in our lives? I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Anne, Being a military family we had Christmas in so many different spots, so different from the way we both grew up! We learned to count our blessings and enjoy each place. We started writing on a little card that hangs on an inside wreath where we were at Christmas and the year, have filled two cards as PopPop and I still do this! It brings wonderful and happy memories as your Mom and Aunt Lynn grew up and where we were and what we put together, such as Barbie Houses! Love you, P&M