Saturday, June 5, 2010

Unless you want me to run over your toes, please kindly step out of my way.

My cotton candy filled cutie!

We made our first summer trip to Busch Gardens this week. It was a fun time and a good start to hopefully many more trips like it. We have VA resident summer passes + free preschool children passes for a fairly reasonably priced summer of amusement park trips.
We went with 4 moms and 8 children and had a blast. But when 3pm rolled around and children started into the "I haven't had a nap, so I am going to start being a pill" phase, we all decided it was time to hightail it out of there. But one problem. We were on the complete opposite end of the park. There was about 1 mile and many large hills between us and the air-conditioned cars.
So, we started our trek. About halfway through I realized that I was pushing two kids in a double stroller and had a 3 year old on my shoulders. I wonder what those people we passed thought. In our group of 12 people, kids were crying, drinks were spilling everywhere, and mommies were focused on the end goal of getting out of the park. At one point I thought to myself that if I didn't lose at least 3 pounds of that leftover baby weight, then I want my money back.
I also know that I might have been a little rude to people, but when you have a 38 lb kid on your shoulders and are pushing a hard-to-turn stroller with a good 60lbs of kid in it, then you should get the right of way.
Crazy mommy coming through!

Can we go back next week?

2 comments:

nana said...

Love the word picture your blog creates. Keep running, Mommy.

Unknown said...

I am up for it again anytime!!!! :)