Friday, November 7, 2008

God made you special

Our two boys are so different. I know that is to be expected, but I think since Danny was our first child, he is my standard of measurement. I assume that all children will be just like him. But isn't it wonderful that God makes us all different with unique personalities and characteristics.
For example, Danny is my sensitive, smart little boy. He worries about people and seems to have developed a tender heart. He is very inquisitive. In our home, we experience the ups and downs of a normal two year old, but I believe there is more to it. He has the ability to light up a room with his cheerfulness or completely bring us down when he is unhappy. He is social and I believe will have the ability to organize and unify people. He is full of life and personality.
Now Joshua is just a little baby, but I already see his personality coming out. He is so easy going. We get comments from everybody about what a happy and easy baby he seems to be. We are also learning that he doesn't like to sit still. While Danny used to be content as a baby snuggling in your lap, Josh will have none of that. He is persistent and doesn't like to give up trying new things.
I am sure some of the things they do have a lot to do with the stage of life they are each in, but I do believe babies reflect their future selves. Most moms that I ask say that the way their baby behaved as a child was a good indicator of the type of person they became. And isn't it great that God uses what we think as frustrating for good. While I may be challenged by Danny's reluctance to follow his mommy, it is that strong willed child that has the ability to be an adult who is firm in his convictions. It is my role as a parent to daily pray for those characteristics I see to be used for God's glory. His design is so amazing!
And another difference between my boys is their size....

Joshua's 6 month stats
weight: 19lb 4oz 80%
height: 28 inches 90%

Daniel's 6 month stats(actually it was closer to 7 months)
weight: 18lb 1oz 70-75%
height: 27 1/2 inches 85-90%

I know that may seem similar, but it really makes a difference. Especially with the clothing. Josh is already wearing stuff Danny wore at 1 year. He is a little chunk.
But they certainly favor each other in looks!

Here is a picture comparison. Same outfits and same smiles!





Can you guess the right name with the picture?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey girl! I just started reading your blog the other day! Did I leave you a note...is that how you found mine? I can't remember whose blogs I've left notes on.
Your boys look just alike!!
Keep in touch!
Sarah Antweiler

Anonymous said...

top picture is Joshie
bottom picture is Danny