Monday, November 3, 2008

Mis cosas favoritas...

I know that there are people reading my blog, because I have some of you letting me know in conversation and emails. thanks! But unfortunately, very few of you have joined the blogging world(it is sooo easy!) Ashley G tagged me to do a list of my favorite things and I think it sounds like a fun idea. But part of the assignment is to tag some people in my blog. I know a few of you who read this have done a favorites list before, but if haven't I would like to pass it on! If you are a blogger and decide to share your favorite things, jot me a note in the comments and I will head over to your blog and check it out. I can't wait to see your lists! And all you non-bloggers....you are welcome to comment too with your favorite things!
Now for my favorites!
1. Top of the list favorite thing is when I am listening to praise music in the car and I am moved to praying and crying at the same time. Might not be the safest driving experience, but it is a refresher to my soul. I love a long car trip when I am by myself or with my boys and I can let down my defenses and really just worship!
2. I love how my husband I balance each other. We are different in many ways and yet we agree on the important things. I love how we each have different ways of growing spiritually. Scott is led by his head more and I am led by my heart. That might be more to do with male vs. female, but it is definitely a good thing. We have taught each other so much over the years and have each grown in our faith because of the other person.
3. I love cold weather sleeping. I really like to have many, many blankets. Then I tuck them tight around my shoulders and just let my head peek out. Scott also likes blankets, so you will often find us with the fan on high and the heat off in the middle of winter, snuggling under blankets. But due to the fact that we have little babies, the heat is reluctantly turned on now.
4. Christmas lights. I may have mentioned this before, but I love twinkly lights. I love them on houses, in houses, in the winter, and in the summer. You will find lights up year round inside my house on our fake ficus trees.
5. My mom introduced me at an early age to the joy of consignment shopping. We used to volunteer together at our church thrift store and I loved finding little treasures. She taught me how to be patient as you dig through layers of junk, because you are bound to find something good. Now with two boys, I love getting nice expensive church outfits and unique clothes for a few dollars. It is like an exciting treasure hunt.
6. I love traveling by plane and getting delayed or the plans changing last minute. I love the anticipation and excitement before a trip to a distant location. Whenever we travel, I always hope to get delayed just so I can hang out in the airport. It is so fun to watch people. Scott would completely disagree with this one, because he has been delayed too many times trying to get home. But if I am with my family, I always feel like it is just part of the adventure. I guess I am usually a fairly patient traveler. I know that one is weird, but I guess I just enjoy a good adventure!
Hope you enjoyed my favorite things!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my most favorite things is "loving on" (some people call it spoiling) our two precious grandsons. Thank you Anne and Scott!

The Gaymons said...

Very solid favorites, Anne! Well done, friend!

Ashley

Sarah said...

I love all those things too. I also love the time of day when the sun has pretty much set and everything looks black and white.
I just found your blog. Yeah! I always enjoy reading these. Mine is ellasmom505.blogspot.com