Monday, November 24, 2008

mind of his own

I wish I had a photo to upload related to this post. It would be so cute!

We have given Danny lots of ways to show his independence lately. He likes to feel like he has some control and we can give it to him with in the safe perimeters of our home. One thing he enjoys doing is running in the buff from the bath to his room to pick out his pjs. Usually after a few minutes of waiting for him to come to the changing table, I have to go in and give a little guidance or else he is on the floor playing with his toys....in his birthday suit. But once he picks out a pair of pjs, I try to honor his request. Since it is quite chilly these days, the t-shirt and shorts he ALWAYS picks out aren't enough to keep him warm. So, mommy just grabs a pair of footy pjs to put underneath his choice. And it is one cute outfit when we are finished. Just imagine footy pjs with a too tight shirt and shorts...all with no unifying colors. And he is proud! I might even start letting him choose his outfits during the day. Of course, mommy will still get to decide church clothes and outfits for special occasions.

We went to the UVA/Clemson game this weekend and nearly froze our toes off. It was a blast though. Danny and Josh stayed warm under blankets and multiple layers, but I am guessing we won't get parents of the year for this trip. I felt a little guilty about taking them out in such cold weather, but then I remembered some childhood adventures that I had. When I was preschool age, my dad was a teacher at Cornell and we would go to the football games. In the cold. With snow falling around us. And I survived. My parents even used to take me to the hockey rink in the middle of the night in my footy pjs to watch my Dad's students play. For them, it was about quality time as a family. It was important for us to be together. And that is how we look at this past Saturday. I will post some photos soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's just like his mommy! Post the pics soon!